Modeler Laser Service
Creating ribs for a model plane is best when done on a laser cutting machine. With a kerf as small as .03 inches wide, precision from a laser is unbeatable.
The typical process for preparing files is as follows:
- Scan a drawing – $5/sheet
- Acquire materials – Please provide:
- wood to be cut (plus 10% allowance for waste)
- copy of the payment for tracking purposes
- Create Vectors of the Parts – $5 per part
- Nesting Parts Into Individual Sheets – $5/sheet
- We nest all parts to ensure every piece to be cut is accounted for and set for material and sheet size
- Balsawood* – $0.10/linear inch
- Plywood**, Acrylic – $0.20/linear inch
* Balsawood should be no thicker than 1/4 inch
** Some plywood, though thin, may leave additional markings. We recommend no heavier than light plywood, no thicker than 1/8th inch
The extra levels of resin impact the cutting ability of the laser. Materials not used will be returned at the end.